Leon Minvielle Divorce Lawyer in Louisiana Attorney
Leon J. Minvielle, III is a native of New Iberia, Louisiana, and is a graduate of the University of Louisiana at Lafayette (formerly the University of Southwestern Louisiana). He earned his Juris Doctorate degree from the Paul M. Hebert Law Center at Louisiana State University in 1973. Leon has continued his education since graduation with attendance at numerous seminars on various aspects of the law.
Leon has been very active in community service groups and is a member and past president of the New Iberia Kiwanis Club, and past president of the New Iberia Jaycees. He is a lector at Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic Church and has been an active supporter of the Catholic High School of New Iberia athletics. In 1978, Leon was recognized as New Iberia’s outstanding young man.
Leon has also served as an officer in the Louisiana Army National Guard. He went through basic training at Fort Polk, Louisiana, and officer candidate school at Fort Benning, Georgia. He also had training at the red-eye guided missile school Fort Bliss, Texas.
Leon is a licensed title insurance agent (34 years) and is associated with American Title Company in New Iberia. Leon is approved as a loan closing attorney for most commercial and private lenders in Acadiana.
Leon’s duties and caseload include work in the areas of Real Estate (Sales, Mortgages, Leases), Commercial/Corporate Law, Wills, Successions and Estate Lawyer, Municipal Law, Family Lawyer ( Divorce Lawyer , Custody, Support), and Criminal Law.
He served as City Attorney for the City of New Iberia from 1989 through 1993 and as City Attorney for the City of Delcambre from 1982 to 1989. Leon was also the First Magistrate of the Delcambre Mayor’s Court.
Leon is admitted to practice before all of the State Courts of Louisiana as well as the United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana.
Leon is a member and past president of the Iberia Parish Bar Association and is a member of the Louisiana State Bar Association and the Louisiana Association of Defense Council. Additionally, he served as a delegate to the Louisiana State Democratic Central Committee.
CURRENT EMPLOYMENT POSITION
YEAR JOINED ORGANIZATION
AREAS OF PRACTICE
60% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Louisiana, 1973
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana, 1980
- Louisiana State University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 1973 Juris Doctorate
- University of Southwestern Louisiana, Lafayette, LA, 1969 B.A. Major: Political Science
- Graduate of Catholic High School, New Iberia, LA
HONORS & AWARDS
Outstanding Young Man, New Iberia, 1978
- Member and Past President – New Iberia Kiwanis Club
- Past President – New Iberia Jaycees
- Distinguished Service Award – New Iberia Jaycees, 1978
- Past President, Past Member – Catholic High School Board, 1981-1988
- Member – Greater Iberia Chamber of Commerce
- Speaker – Greater Iberia Chamber of Commerce, “Pathways to The Future” Program
- Past President, Member – Iberia Parish Bar Association
- Member – Louisiana State Bar Association
- Member – Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- Charter Member, Master – Inns of Court, The Inn on the Teche
PAST EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS
- City of New Iberia, City Attorney
- City of Delcambre, City Attorney
- Practiced law as a sole practitioner in New Iberia, LA
Agent, First American Title Insurance Company
- Louisiana Army National Guard, 1st Lieutenant – 1969-1976
- Officer Candidate School, Fort Benning, Georgia – 1970
- Infantry Officer Basic Course, Fort Benning, Georgia – 1970
- Red Eye Guided Missle School, Fort Bliss, TX – 1973